I don't understand how a non-profit organisation that fosters open
source ideology can spend money for something like this when even better
solutions (such as full-fledged CRM) exist as open source software for free.

Especially am I totally against putting our private data into a foreign
system we have no control over, while we could host a real CRM for free
and on our own systems.

/Manuel

Am 27.01.2011 20:02, schrieb Nico Ray:
> On 27.01.2011 16:50, Ilario Valdelli wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Nico Ray<n...@sabine-nico.ch>   wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Quick question : do we already have a database for all contacts (press,
>>> people asking for info, etc...) ? If not, wouldn't it be a good idea to
>>> have one, in order to track who was contacting who, why, when ?
>>>
>>> Obviousely, this list should be stricly restricted.
>>>
>>> In case it already exists, please let me know : I do have 2 press contact
>>> to add.
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>> Nico
>>>
>> Yes Nico, it has been a point discussed in a board meeting.
>>
>> It's a "must" for communication and marketing point of view and I have
>> selected a tool like this:
>>
>> http://www.emailbrain.com/eb/standard-edition.shtml
>>
>> In addition I have already a tool written by me that I can release as
>> "open license" to be adapted for WM CH purposes.
>>
>> Ilario

> Thanks Ilario,
> I just had a look on your emailbrain tool and it looks really perfect.
> Now the question is : is it feasable for Wikimedia CH to spend 108 USD
> (53.73 USD x 2) per year as per the price list on
> http://www.emailbrain.com/eb/pricing.shtml ?
>
> How shall we proceed with this ? (i.e. in a quick mode ideally)
> Nico

Manuel Schneider

www.wikimedia.ch