Sorry, but I regard your insulting behaviour on this mailing list as
absolutely unacceptable!

You haven't been involved in the website, you didn't participate when we
called for the working group. Compared to what we had before is the
current website way advanced and in several aspects andvanced from what
some other chapters have. I talk about contents here. We already
discussed that the design should be much improved, but that has never
been the focus of the webteam as we do not have any designers among us.

Instead of re-iterating the discussion we had over and over again I
would request you to go forward. Either accept the fact that a designer
should come up with a good design for the current webpage, or, if you
really thing our webpage - that cost us a lot of thought and time - is
so "inexistent" please come up with a constructive plan and something
better. I am happy to see that NOW - as we have been discussing this
issue for a long time now I am pretty sure that you have used this time
well and come up with something great. So please show it to me.

So far the only concrete fact about our website that was named in all
the discussions so far was the bad design, and I don't oppose that
argument. I would pretty much like to finally see a designer be ordered
to take care of that.

Instead, I only get constant rants and insults without any facts or
visions. You might understand that I am totally fed up right now with this.

It is strange that always IT is responsible for the websites even though
all we can do is making the stuff run. Website is marketing. I have
facilitated the website development process back in 2007 and I was very
confident with our result (and I still am). What I also hate is that
after the webteam has done its work nobody actually cared, hardly anyone
updates the website - but instead everyone rants that the website is so
outdated. As well: This is _not_ the task of IT or of the webteam to do
that. It's the task of us all - especially the board - that is actually
doing the projects.
Now a few years have passed and we just start all over the ranting and
the scapegoating again. How do you think are you going to motivate
people to do anything if you behave like that?

/Manuel

Am 27.01.2011 19:30, schrieb Ludovic Péron:
> I was not here in 2007. I just said that our actual system can't allowed
> sharing of contacts with active members. And it's a problem.
>
> And I don't think that we can say that we have a web site. It's just a
> wikimembers
>
> Ludovic
>
> 2011/1/27 Manuel Schneider <manuel.schnei...@wikimedia.ch
> <mailto:manuel.schnei...@wikimedia.ch>>
>

>     Am 27.01.2011 17:28, schrieb Ludovic Péron:
>      > I think it's a good idea. I've many contact. I write nothing in
>     our wiki
>      > because of public access.
>      > I think that we'll must a wiki just for the member.
>
>     Our current website was formerly the members wiki. Nobody used it even
>     though every member got access when becoming member. Instead most people
>     just forgot about the wiki and their credentials.
>
>     That's why the board has decided in 2007 to change the websites, wikis
>     and mailinglists. I am not fond of making the same experiments several
>     times.
>
>     /Manuel
>
>     --
>     Regards
>     Manuel Schneider
>
>     Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
>     Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
>     www.wikimedia.ch <http://www.wikimedia.ch>

Manuel Schneider

www.wikimedia.ch