2011/1/27 Manuel Schneider <manuel.schnei...@wikimedia.ch>

> Sorry, but I regard your insulting behaviour on this mailing list as
> absolutely unacceptable!

What ? I have insulted anyone. Can you keep cool. Thanks.

> You haven't been involved in the website, you didn't participate when we
> called for the working group. Compared to what we had before is the
> current website way advanced and in several aspects andvanced from what
> some other chapters have. I talk about contents here. We already
> discussed that the design should be much improved, but that has never
> been the focus of the webteam as we do not have any designers among us.
>
> Instead of re-iterating the discussion we had over and over again I
> would request you to go forward. Either accept the fact that a designer
> should come up with a good design for the current webpage, or, if you
> really thing our webpage - that cost us a lot of thought and time - is
> so "inexistent" please come up with a constructive plan and something
> better. I am happy to see that NOW - as we have been discussing this
> issue for a long time now I am pretty sure that you have used this time
> well and come up with something great. So please show it to me.
>
> So far the only concrete fact about our website that was named in all
> the discussions so far was the bad design, and I don't oppose that
> argument. I would pretty much like to finally see a designer be ordered
> to take care of that.
>
> Instead, I only get constant rants and insults without any facts or
> visions. You might understand that I am totally fed up right now with this.
>
> It is strange that always IT is responsible for the websites even though
> all we can do is making the stuff run. Website is marketing. I have
> facilitated the website development process back in 2007 and I was very
> confident with our result (and I still am). What I also hate is that
> after the webteam has done its work nobody actually cared, hardly anyone
> updates the website - but instead everyone rants that the website is so
> outdated. As well: This is _not_ the task of IT or of the webteam to do
> that. It's the task of us all - especially the board - that is actually
> doing the projects.
> Now a few years have passed and we just start all over the ranting and
> the scapegoating again. How do you think are you going to motivate
> people to do anything if you behave like that?
>
> /Manuel

I'm sorry but I already mentioned the problem of the website long ago. I
created a page - about that - on the wiki members a year and and a half ago.
I am aware of this problem long ago. Say that ''www.wikimedia.ch'' is not a
web site but more a tool for members it's insulting your technical job. It's
a fact.

Last week I talked about goals of the web site. I proposed goals, You have
not responded. Thank you you also not to become insulting. Thanks a lot.

Perhaps that in 2007 www.wikimedia.ch was a goog tool for the needs of 2007.
Wikipedia has grown since 2007, Wikimedia CH as well. Now we have
contacts profesionals.
We need professional tools for that. I'm sorry I'm not a web designer. And I
think it's a real job. Actually I don't speak about www.wikimedia.ch with
contacts because I think it's a not a web site for communication.

This afertoon I was at a meeting with a profesionnal web designer, I talk
with her about our specifications. She should give me an estimate soon. I
have other appointments next week.

Ludovic