On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Manuel Schneider
<manuel.schnei...@wikimedia.ch> wrote:
> Well, WMDE uses CiviCRM. I don't like it because I think it is too
> complicated.

It's different.

WM DE uses CiviCRM because it's suggested by WMF to manage the fundraising.

But CiviCRM is not the best to manage newsletters, for example.

We need really something to *start* to work and to train the persons
to use a *centralized* database.

My solution is not the best, but it has been used by my company for a
short time to have a small system to manage contacts and newsletters
until the migration in a bigger system.

This is what has done WM DE migrating from a small system to a bigger system.

I need only mySQL and PHP. Nothing else.

The code is open.

Ilario