Hi,

I agree with the argument that this is a communications project. This confirms
what I have already said in my answer:
* from a technical point of view the website is okay as is
* the corporate design as an issue that needs to be adressed first

You add the point that in addition to the design also some communication
features need to be implemented that we don't have yet. Unfortunately all the
"Site web" article says is exactly that. It's not defined what it means. See
Beats question in that regard.

Your statement also confirms that most offers we received do not cover what we
need. Except two quotations they only cover programming. No development of a
corporate design, no concept phase to develop any communication features before
we start implementing.

The last part - implementation and hosting - is still an IT project anyhow.
This part is as important as the concept and design. Therefore I expect you to
both integrate the press and the IT / web team in this project. I assume that's
part of the agenda item "web site" at the GA. It is a good idea btw. to
integrate the members in this process as they are one of the stakeholder groups
why we do this whole process.

Another thing I'd like to mention: the board once dismissed Wordpress in favour
of MediaWiki as the members MediaWiki as a seperate platform has not been used.
Now you say we need a communication tool (without specifying that). Well, the
current MediaWiki is the most open solution to that. Everyone can register at
the wiki/website right now and participate, and this does happen at the moment.
It won't be possible if we move to another platform. Another point: the
platform doesn't make the content. Mediawiki is easy to update, if updates
don't happen because nobody cares about the website then any website /
communication / redesign project won't help anything. So I still see a lack of
clarity on the real issues, while I still agree with the good intentions and
the design issues. That's why you have my full support to make this a real
project.

Manuel Schneider

Sent via mobile phone (+49 170 7740589).