On 22/01/2012 15:09, Ilario Valdelli wrote:
> On 22.01.2012 14:21, Emmanuel Engelhart wrote:
>> Everyone engaged in WMCH (and on WMCH side) project should have access
>> to this wiki - only a few exceptions should be necessary because those
>> people are members. If not, we should ask ourself why they are not!
>>
>> For people who need feedbacks about such a potential move, they can ask
>> members of WMFR what was the difference before&after the members wiki
>> was put in private modus.
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>

> Except some opinions, the private data and some financial data,
> everything may be public.
>
> As no profit organization, there are nothing that we have to keep secret.

Sorry Ilario. Are you kidding? This is simply ridiculous. Why not making
the WMCH Board wiki and ML publicly available then?

> The transparency in my opinion help to have more members and to invite
> persons to join in the decisions.

No organisation at all works fine if everything about projects, internal
discussions, members opinions are publicly available. A well working
organisation needs accurate information, detailed reports, open
discussions - all these things can not be always public. Consequently,
if you do not have this confidentiality, you have none of them - this is
almost the case for WMCH.

Now, after so many years, this is more than the good time to ask ourself
if this decision of 100% of transparency (except for the board?!) was
the good one? Why we do not have exchanges except on the private
ML/wiki? Why we do not recruit new people? Why we do exactly the
contrary of other chapters?

You may not be agree with me, but you have to admit that we have a
problem there. I wanted to trigger again that problem. I did my job. I
can not change that alone, so please move one - you are on the board.

This is my last message in this thread.

Emmanuel