hi beat,

i expect nfc only tags to be cheaper, smaller, and therefor easier to
mount and maintain.and, they are easier to read with phone software.
you do not need to take a foto with (of course unintended) flashlight
in a museum for example. encoding is also easier, as a nfc enabled
phone and the tag suffices. no url to qr conversion, no printing.

rupert.