dear all
during the last general assembly we visited the Ethnographical museum in
Neuchâtel http://www.men.ch (below some more info about the museum [1]).

How about an exhibition about Wikipedia there?

The idea of an exhibition about Wikipedia actually comes from the museum
director Marc-Olivier Gonseth, who launched the idea the first time we met last
year.

In those last weeks I have contacted
1) Andrew Lih. during Wikimania 2012 he mentioned an exhibition is was working
on. the exhibition is planned for end 2013-beginning of 2014 at the Computer
history museum [2]. we are currently in contact to see if maybe we can bridge
the two projects or learn from each over.
2) WMF to ask about other exhibition projects. for the moment no news.
3) the research group Open Online Communities which involves several
researchers in different European countries and universities working on the
topic of OOC and wikipedia (i am one of the research members). the group seems
interested in contributing to provide content and research.

personally i think it can be a relevant project and it could be also designed
as an itinerant show.
of course the Ethnographical museum in Neuchâtel needs to be recontacted, but i
think it would be nice to make a "wikipedia/wikimedia projects" (i like for
example the approach of Andrew Lih of organising a meetup there.

what do you think? anyone interested in the idea? do you think WIkimedia CH
could be involved?
all the best
iolanda/iopensa

[1] The Ethnographical museum in Neuchâtel is a small museum but it is
considered in the anthropological field as one of the best museums. It has a
very peculiar approach. All its exhibitions try to unpack culture and
knowledge. They focus on the meta-discourse, and they use an historiographical
approach, they detect critical issues, and they show how categories shape our
perception of culture and the world. There is also a strong research work
behind the exhibitions. I think it can be a very interesting place to develop
an exhibition related to Wikipedia. Maybe we could envision an exhibition for
2015.
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Computer_History_Museum