Michael Bimmler schrieb:
Hello,
I just remarked, that I am actually not so in favour of the last
saturday of holidays for the following two reasons:
1. People are a) still in holidays b) just coming back c)tired, want
to relax a bit before start etc.

I do not think so. Working people here can take a vacation of about 25 days a year. These vacation concentrate on July and end of december. The rest is spread quite evenly over the year.

2. A lot of people that we need to get in touch with some weeks before
the events will be on holidays during july/early august. This probably
includes universitiy employees as well as the responsibles for the
places where we want to advertise.

For universities the first 3 weeks after the start of summer and winter terms are critical. This would mean about april and october/november. At least for ETH its easier to organize something between july and october when there are no classes.

3, During the short Swiss summer, people will spend *a lot* of their
free time (especially Saturdays) in "public swimming baths" (blame leo
for this term), e.g. in the lake. I doubt whether anybody would want
to be on a hot day (last day of holidays or even last summer weekend)
in a room, listening to presentations or working with computers. When
it's hot, people in CH want to be outside, swimming, barbecueing and
so on.

And in fall when sky is grey they stay in bed. Honestly this is no good argument. In every season there is something people tend to do on saturdays. In summer a Wikipedia day could be more outside/with open windows.

Therefore I "nominate" a date in the second half of september (e.g.
Sat Sept 23), then it won't be so hot and sunny anymore, people won't

I would find rather strange if we need a set up time of 8 month for an event like this. Wikipedia is known to be fast, and june would be realistic for me. Not too much swimming and no skiing either :-)

Yes you'll tell me about the bylaws problem. But I'm shure we can solve this in one way or another.

sincerly yours

Robin