I also agree on end of summer term, but I wouldn't on the first three
weeks of the semesters. End of october seems too far for me and at least
for ETH it's impossible to get rooms in the first three weeks of semesters.

End of October seems also quite far, could you maybe provide us the
start date of the new semester (at ETH) as I don't know it?

June means end of summer term, end of october/november beginning of winter term. There are slight differences from university to university. For Geneva the dates can be found here:
http://admsrvnt1.unige.ch/iqual/eq4b1.nsf/v0A07/D+10-21-02

For ETH and university of Zurich
https://www.rektorat.ethz.ch/akad_kal_termine/termine

Regards

Robin

PS: I won't be able to process mails till friday.