Hi together,

just some words why such "resolutions" (or name them how you'd like) are
necessary:

> I know that several actions must be done BEFORE the real foundation, but I
> still do not see why we need a special post address BEFORE the foundation -
> and even after the foundation, since we do not expect a bunch of mail. And
> as long there is no founded association, we all (= all of this mailing
> list? At least all persons, who are willing to help for this project) could
> be charged personally for things you do now.
The thing is, that there are legal actions that have to be done now in
preparation of the founding of Wikimedia CH and the Wikipedia Day, such as
registering / transfering domain names (wikipedia.ch, wikimedia.ch etc.),
contracts which have to been placed (webhosting, server and ressources) which
require a postal mail adress.

These stuff has also been discussed on this mailing list.

> And at least - as far as I know, there is no consensus about the location
> of the address (Zürich vs. Berne vs. Olten vs. Geneva vs. Hintertupfingen)
> - so why this haste?
Right, as we decided to get a "redirection adress" we could choose any adress
within switzerland - no matter where the receiver (= president) actually will
be situated.
So for that I would prefer Bern (as Bundesstadt) or Luzern (as central
metropolis).

Greets,

Manuel
All-Things-Open Projektgruppe