Jürg Wolf wrote:

> * active voting right = right to get a job within the corporation /
> association
> * passive voting right = right to vote for someone
>
> Even the swiss constitution and the cantonal constitutions make differences
> between these two rights.

Interesting... I did not know about these terms. There is nothing like
that in French, at least not litteraly: we say "droit de vote" (right to
vote) and "éligibilité" (the fact that someone can be elected).

To follow up on Jürg's links:

http://www.parlament.ch/f/homepage/sv-services-dummy/sv-ww-a-z/sv-ww-v.htm#sv-ww-v-Vote-droit-Anchor
http://www.parlament.ch/f/homepage/sv-services-dummy/sv-ww-a-z/sv-ww-e.htm#sv-ww-e-Eligibilit%E9-Anchor

I'll translate accordingly.

It looks to me like these terms are not that common in English either
(which does not mean that they are incorrect, of course) -- in any case,
the English Wikipedia does not know about them.

By the way, could a sysop add the template {{bylaws}} at the top of the
German bylaws ? It is very convenient when one is switching from one
version to the other while translating (thanks to Delphine 'Notafish'
for creating it).

Cheers,

Frederic