Hello,
this decision is a very good decision. It's important to have a group
and sub-groups who take responsability upon some problems and becomes
owner of this problem (if the time is short it's the best solution),
but in any case the mailing list should have feedbacks "frequently" to
create the environment and the "waiting time".

It's important to have a community, a group and not only "a name" and
it's important that someone can have a part (also a small part) in
this organization.

It's clear that at start the groups are smaller, but when some owners
has taken decision and the organization becomes more and more
definite, they can require some help and some volunteers.

It's normal to have an "official" communication (through ML) and an
"unofficial" communication (through private mail), but it's also
important (a lot) to share informations and knowledges.

Greetings

Ilario^_^