On 3/31/06, dake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Obligatory disclaimer first: IANAL, but I have done a bit of research
on this topic.

> You are right about the laws and the protocols. I add there is something
> interesting about swiss law compared to french/belgian law concerning
> the buildings as it seems (my non-professional interpretation) that
> making a picture of a recent building, statue, etc. is allowed while in
> France/Belgium, it is not (see the "Atomium" story).

Clearly allowed in Switzerland if the statue if permanently fixed in a
public place (of course, this is trivially the case for buildings);
see article 27 of the copyright law (231.1) on admin.ch.

> Well, some advices about swiss law in general regarding the copyright
> would be nice. There was a question today on the french wikipedia about
> the flags of cantons, communes and districts. On :fr, we have tons of
> references about the french law, nearly nothing about swiss law, I'm
> trying to collect some references :)

I have tons of references about the Swiss law. Creating an article on
this topic in en: is on my todo list. Give me a reference of the
relevant page on fr: (and maybe some precise questions) and I'll try
to add pointers to what I know as well.

> Well, some advices about swiss law in general regarding the copyright
> would be nice. There was a question today on the french wikipedia about\
> the flags of cantons, communes and districts.

Where was it ?

>From the copyright point of view, most of the flags are in the public
domain (except _maybe_ for a few flags made for new municipalities
after mergers). Otherwise, the laws under number 232.2 protect their
use (basically: don't use them in bad faith).

Frederic

PS. Content de voir un autre francophone sur la  liste...