On 4/12/06, Ilario Valdelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello to all,
> It could be a good idea to have this materials in PDF format. The PRs
> in areas outside Zurich could download the PDFs and print them to
> stick up where it's possible.

Definitely!
> It's important to have similar material in similar graphic format
> (i.e. wikipedia logo combined with other elements) also for media
> press, possible in two/three languages.

Right. BTW: We do have a Wikimedia CH-logo:
http://ch.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:WikimediaCH-logo.png
However we have no "common typography/header/footer etc.", so there
some design work is awaiting us. For Wikipedia Day I propose to use
both logos, Wikimedia and Wikipedia (if we get "clearance" by WMF and
if we have the trademark agreement signed during Foundation)
> I added me to PR team but "only" like support, to contact some media
> of Tessin (if no-one has already contacted them) and Universities.

Thanks!
> I suggest to the PR team to contact already media press in this moment
> to inform them that we are organizing this meeting. If we have a
> download area and web pages with more informations, this could be an
> advantage. The feedback of medias, in this moment, could be important
> to foresee the adhesions.
Yes I think so too. We might want to create for the moment some press
material at ch.wikimedia.org(/wiki/Press) (like "What is this all
about" "Who is behind this" "What is Wikipedia Day" "How are we
related to Wikipedia" and so on), as soon as our postal adress is
established (I filled out the form 1 1/2 weeks ago, I was told to wait
one week, so I might email them once before Easter), Manuel could also
(re-)register and set up wikimedia.ch as official homepage, as
indicated earlier, we'd like to move our content away from Wikimedia
Foundations server (following Wikimedia DE, due to legal and indepence
and accountability).

> Please, contact me for the areas where you think there is a need.

Michael

> > This is true. I appreciate your engagement very much. We must fix the
> > precise content of our Wikipedia day to print flyers and "Plakate". A
> > friend of mine could create a flyer and print them if we need special
> > paper and/or colours. Else www.flyerline.ch offers quite cheap flyers.
> >
> > I would suggest to try to distribute flyers in swiss
> > "Kantonsschulen/Gymnasien" , universities, both ETHs and
> > Fachhochschulen/höhere Fachschulen.
> >
> > Besides something like a "Pressemappe" would engage press people to
> > write about us.
> >
> > More ideas appreciated...
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > Robin