On 6/8/06, thurner rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> should we open up registration for everybody? if we get too much spam
> we could close it later on?

Uh, in the last few days I manually deleted about 7 comments that were
set on moderation  and I'm also constantly reviewing mails that were
held by the mailinglist. So I'm unsure whether this is a good idea...
If somebody wants an account, no problem, just give him one, people
can ask...
By the way: At the moment, all users are set as "administrator",
partly also because I have no idea what the other functions mean.
Could please anybody summarise the functions for (i.e. what can they
do and what not):
Administrator
Editor
Author
Contributor
Subscriber

So if we know this, we could maybe introduce a more privileges-based
system and e.g. more people could get contributor/author status but
not so many admin-status
Michael
> rupert.
>
> On 6/7/06, Michael Bimmler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thanks a lot! Now everybody is invited to rewrite the texts (not only
> > posts but also pages) in the 4 languages. Some pages exist only in
> > english, some only in german, and some are a mixture...
> > If you have time but no account, say so here, you'll get one quicker
> > than you think...
> > Michael
> >
> > On 6/7/06, thurner rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > i activated polyglot on wikimedia.ch, which takes the browser language
> > > for showing the text. default language is english.
> > >
> > > enter multilingual posts like:
> > >
> > > [lang_en]this is english title[/lang_en][lang_de]deutscher titel[/lang_de]
> > >
> > > [lang_en]
> > > this is the english text ...
> > > [/lang_en]
> > > [lang_de]
> > > this is the english text ...
> > > [/lang_de]
> > >
> > > if you do not use the tags, the entry is valid for all languages, like
> > > up to now. if a language version is missing, it is configured to show
> > > the english version.
> > >
> > > and somehow i did not yet manage to get "als", "rm" ... kommt zeit kommt
> > > rat ...
> > >
> > > if it should be configured differently pls tell.
> > >
> > > rupert.
> > >

> > --
> > Regards
> > Michael Bimmler
> >
> > Wikimedia CH - Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
> > Wikimedia CH - Association for the advancement of free knowledge
> > www.wikimedia.ch

Michael Bimmler

www.wikimedia.ch