Bertrand Meyer, Folge 3

„Wikipedia schrieb Bertrand Meyer tot“ – mit einer falschen Todesmeldung
geriet die deutsche Wikipedia letzten Winter in die Schlagzeilen. Solche
Malheurs hinderten den Schweizer Informatikprofessor jedoch nicht daran,
kurze Zeit später unter dem Titel „Defense and Illustration of Wikipedia“
eine eloquente Verteidigung der Wikipedia zu verfassen. Was eine gefälschte
Todesnachricht nicht geschafft hatte, erreichte jedoch der Streit um den
Artikel zu der von Meyer geschaffenen Programmiersprache Eiffel.
I no longer contribute to Wikipedia. I tried to make a substantial
contribution, and was heckled down by incompetent zealots ("incompetent" is
not my characterization: they were proud to trumpet their lack of knowledge
of the subject matter, as it gave them more right to intervene in the
article). Parnas et al. were right: the project is a disaster. Please do not
believe anything you see on Wikipedia articles. If you are tempted to, please
try the following experiment for a few weeks: write on an important subject
that you know and care about; write your best, making sure to apply the
strictest standards of scholarship and objectivity. Don't spend too much time
on it, but just do it right. Then wait a little. You'll understand. [2]

Wikipedia hat einen Experten und Fan weniger. (elian, 9.9.06)

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Kurier
--
Regards
Manuel Schneider