Dear Wiki(p|m)edians,

My name is John Andersson and I have been a volunteer on different Wikimedia
projects for around six years now and an elected administrator on the Swedish
language version for about five. Earlier this year I got hired by Wikimedia
Sverige and I am now working at WMSE's office full time. A large part of my
work is devoted to the
coordination of the new international photo contest Wiki Loves Public Art
 that will take place in May 2013. The photo contest will focus on taking
pictures of
artworks in the public space (exactly what will be included will  differ
 between the countries, just like what constitute monuments in Wiki
Loves Monuments differs between the countries). There will be a small set of
common rules for the entire contest, but just like with the Wiki Loves
Monuments contest there will be national rules as well; and the idea is that we
will have both national juries and an international jury.

This is just a brief background, but I am writing this to you with two things
in mind:
To ask you to consider becoming a National Coordinator and take a leading role
in organizing the contest
in your country. I believe that much of this work can, and should, be done in
cooperation with the great volunteers that has previous experience from Wiki
Loves Monuments and to make our job as easy as possible we should also take
advantage of all of the great tools previously developed for Wiki Loves
Monuments. I.e. we do not have to start completely from scratch! If you think
that you got what it takes to make the contest happen, then please sign up on
this list; andAs
 a lot of the Chapters now are planning for next year's activities and
budget I kindly ask you to work for your Chapter to include Wiki
Loves Public Art in next years budget and work plan, as this would help
realising the contest also in your country.

Please consider both of them.

Sincerely,

John

- - - -