Attendees:

Shannon Eichelberger (SE)

Eugene Eichelberger (EE)

Rebecca O’Neill (RO)

Joseph Quinn (JQ)

User Group

No news on the domain name transfer.

Edit-a-thons

STEM-we had a good turnout for the edit-a-thon last week. We had 8
participants in person (that’s not including EE, SE and RO) and 2 online. 6
of the 8 in person participants were new users. So far 11 articles on Irish
Women in STEM were worked on.

PRONI-JQ has been in touch with his contact in PRONI. They are receptive to
hosting a WWI themed edit-a-thon. JQ will move forward with securing a date
in the autumn. He will also begin contacting other museums/archives about
similar events.

Conferences

NUIG-19 June-SE will wait to hear from Sharon about the workshop.

DRHA-1-3 September-RO was notified in order to run the workshop we need to
purchase a 1-day admission to the conference which for students is €115. RO
will see if we can get around that.

WLM

The website has been updated with 2015 information.

We did not receive the Arts grant for a 1916 themed photo contest. We will
go forward with it anyway. We will explore options to crowd-source 1916
monuments.

RO has a photographer friend who is willing to escort her to meetings of
local photography clubs to talk about the contest. They will discuss the
particulars this week.

Other Events

Science Gallery-SECRET-23 September-We are still looking for speakers for
this event.

The next meeting will take place on Thursday 18 June at 6:30 on Google
Hangouts Only. If you would like to attend please send an email to
wikimediairel...@gmail.com