From: wikimediaie-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[wikimediaie-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] on behalf of Wikimedia Ireland
[wikimediairel...@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 June 2015 11:21
To: wikimediaie@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [Wikimedia IE] Meeting Minute-9 June 2015

Meeting Minutes-9 June 2015

Attendees:

Shannon Eichelberger (SE)

Eugene Eichelberger (EE)

Rebecca O’Neill (RO)

Joseph Quinn (JQ)

User Group

No news on the domain name transfer.

Edit-a-thons

STEM-we had a good turnout for the edit-a-thon last week. We had 8 participants
in person (that’s not including EE, SE and RO) and 2 online. 6 of the 8 in
person participants were new users. So far 11 articles on Irish Women in STEM
were worked on.

PRONI-JQ has been in touch with his contact in PRONI. They are receptive to
hosting a WWI themed edit-a-thon. JQ will move forward with securing a date in
the autumn. He will also begin contacting other museums/archives about similar
events.

Conferences

NUIG-19 June-SE will wait to hear from Sharon about the workshop.

DRHA-1-3 September-RO was notified in order to run the workshop we need to
purchase a 1-day admission to the conference which for students is €115. RO
will see if we can get around that.

WLM

The website has been updated with 2015 information.

We did not receive the Arts grant for a 1916 themed photo contest. We will go
forward with it anyway. We will explore options to crowd-source 1916 monuments.

RO has a photographer friend who is willing to escort her to meetings of local
photography clubs to talk about the contest. They will discuss the particulars
this week.

Other Events

Science Gallery-SECRET-23 September-We are still looking for speakers for this
event.

The next meeting will take place on Thursday 18 June at 6:30 on Google Hangouts
Only. If you would like to attend please send an email to
wikimediairel...@gmail.com<mailto:wikimediairel...@gmail.com>