Meeting Minutes-28 July 2015

Attendees:

Shannon Eichelberger (SE)

Eugene Eichelberger (EE)

Sharon Flynn (SF)

Rebecca O’Neill (RO)

User Group

Titles-It was agreed at the previous meeting that the working group members
should have titles. At this meeting the following titles were agreed upon

SE-Chair

RO-Deputy Chair/Community Liaison

EE-Deputy Chair/Special Projects

SF-Education Outreach Officer

Edit-a-thons

No news

Conferences

Wikimania-RO wrote a post outlining what she learned at Wikimania 2015 and
posted it on our Meta page. You can read it here
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Community_Ireland#Wikimania_2015_Report>.
We discussed several of her observations in detail and made plans to put
them into practice.

Surveys-It was agreed that we would develop a survey to send out to our
mailing list and also through a banner ad on WIkipedia. This survey will
give us a better idea of the level of activity in Ireland and what our
members want from the User Group. RO will move forward with her contacts on
this.

Wikipedia Library-This can be used in Ireland to create a list of freely
accessible resources for writing Wikipedia articles. We might also look
into creating a community library of source materials. RO will contact the
WIkipedia Library developers.

Wikipedia Anniversary-we have decided it would be more appropriate for the
group to commemorate the founding of WikiProject Ireland which took place
on 15 September 2006.

Endangered Languages-the Armenian chapter runs wiki-camps to encourage
editing in the western Armenian language. This could be adapted for use
with Vicipéid.

100 wikidays-it was agreed that RO’s participation could become a news
article for promotion of the group.

Gender Gap-we are interested in working to close the visual gender gap
(having stock images avalible with both men and women). RO will contact the
Year of Irish Design to propose a picture-a-thon to get images of women
doing their craft work.

Facebook/Twitter postings-EE will create a BOT to automatically post Irish
Wikipedia articles to Facebook and Twitter.

Wiki Gear-It was agreed that we need more SWAG. EE will begin to get
pricing for these items.

WLM

Grants-SE will complete the Department grant by the end of this week and
the WIkipedia grant by the end of next week.

Other Events

Wiki Pints takes place tomorrow in Dublin.

The next meeting will take place on 4 August at 6:30 online. If you would
like to attend via Google Hangouts please send an email to
wikimediairel...@gmail.com