Shannon Eichelberger (SE)

Eugene Eichelberger (EE)

Rebecca O’Neill (RO)

Sharon Flynn (SF)

User Group

   -

   Simple APG Grant
   -

      The grant has been approved and the first installment of funds should
      be arriving in our account over the next 10 days.
      -

      Recruitment for the Coordinator position and the WLM contractor are
      ongoing. EE is processing the applications and interviews should be held
      over the next 2 weeks.

Edit-a-thon/Workshops

   -

   Trinity Workshop-15 March-RO reported approximately 25 attendees. There
   were several lecturers who expressed an interest in using Wikipedia in the
   classroom as well as several library personnel interested in running events.
   -

   Vicipéid Workshop/DCU-22 March-There were approximately 14 attendees to
   this event. We gave a general overview of Wikipedia and explored Vicipéid.
   The organiser is keen to continue with monthly meetups to encourage editing
   of Vicipéid. We made a few additional contacts in Galway whom we directed
   to SF.

Upcoming Workshops

   -

   UCC-June TBA

Conferences

   -

   WMCOM 17-Berlin-30 March-2 April-SE and RO will be attending Wikimedia
   Conference 2017. A full report will be provided at the next meeting.
   -

   Celtic Knot Conference-Edinburgh-4-5 July-RO will attend this
   Conference. SF has forwarded information on this conference to colleagues
   at NUI Galway.

WLM

   -

   Our 2016 report has been accepted. Planning on 2017 will begin after
   hiring the WLM contractor.

-- Shannon Eichelberger