*Wikimedia Community Ireland Newsletter - June 2017*

*Terry Pratchett editathon May 24*
We were delighted to once again partner with the Library of Trinity College
Dublin to host an editing workshop
<https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/Trinity_College_Dublin/Terry_Pratchett_Wikipedia_Editing_Workshop>.
The Library holds a diverse collection of Pratchett works, donated by Colin
Smythe. The Library staff have been cataloguing the volumes, which include
translations of Pratchett's work in over 30 languages. This event,
facilitated by Dan and Rebecca, focused on improving articles relating to
Terry Pratchett novels and other works.

*Wiki Loves Monuments Contractor*
We are excited to announce our recruitment of Paweł Marynowski to work on
our Irish Monuments data on Wikidata. Paweł has a huge amount of experience
working on Wiki Loves Monuments and Wikidata, both in his native Poland and
internationally.

*9th DBpedia Community Meeting in Galway*
On 21 June the 9th DBpedia Community Meeting will take place in Galway. A
member of our group, Dr Sharon Flynn, will be delivering a key note speech
on the work of Wikimedia Community Ireland. You can find the booking
details here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/9th-dbpedia-community-meeting-in-galway-2017-tickets-31481550164>
.

*Vicipéid and Celtic Knot*
We have been continuing our work on creating more partnerships and
contributors to our Irish language resource, and we are always keen to hear
from the community about this work.

We have yet to solve the mystery of @Ga_Vicipeid
<https://twitter.com/Ga_Vicipeid> if you know who set this up, please do
let us know as it would be great to get it tweeting again.

There will be a number of Irish speakers at the upcoming Celtic Knot
<https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Celtic_Knot_Conference_2017> conference in
Edinburgh on 6 July. They recently announced a free Introduction to Gaelic
event <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/intro-to-gaelic-tickets-34232034938>
on 5 July, which will cover both Irish and Scots Gaelic. If you know a
Gaeilgeoir that might be interested, do spread the word!

*Irish Conference of Medievalists*
This conference is taking place in Maynooth on 29 June. Denis Casey of
Maynooth University, will be delivering a paper entitled *Why we Should be
Encouraging our Students to Use Wikipedia. *The event is open to the
public, and you can find details here
<http://www.irishmedievalists.com/programme>.

--
Wikimedia Community Ireland