Hi everybody,

We just received the great news that the Wikimedia Diversity Conference
2017[1] has received the full grant from the Wikimedia Foundation's Event
Grants.[2] We look very much forward to hosting the conference and to
welcome you to Stockholm the 3-5 November 2017.

We now need your help in making it a success! We invite members from your
Wikimedia organization or user group to sign up as ambassadors for the
conference.[3] Ambassadors are champions of Diversity on Wikimedia and
volunteer to use that power to support the conference in several ways.

   -

   Support before the conference. Ambassadors help communicate to local
   communities that the conference will happen and provide updates of the
   planning process, such as when to register and how to apply for scholarship
   and why submit a proposal. The other way is to provide constructive input
   and ideas for the program and for the overall event. Ambassadors can also
   organize discussions at other conferences taking place prior to the
   Diversity conference.
   -

   Support during the conference. Ambassadors can also volunteer their
   champion powers during the conference to support documentation and curation
   of discussions and insights, facilitate the implementation of the program
   with the facilitation team, support participants with helpful advice and
   on-site information.
   -

   Support after the conference. Ambassadors help disseminate the knowledge
   gained during the conference to their communities and to participate in
   networks to continue working with Diversity.

Active participation as an ambassador will support a scholarship
application.

We would be grateful if you could forward this possibility to your
communities.

Furthermore, we are actively looking for more funding from sponsors, but we
do have limited opportunities to provide scholarships and only parts of the
travel costs for participants can currently be covered. If your Wikimedia
organization has the opportunity to provide a full or partial scholarship
for your volunteers or staff, please let us know. We would be happy to
highlight your involvement and support on the conference portal.[3]

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to get in
contact with us!

We intend to send out the registration form at the end of next week.

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Diversity_Conference_2017

[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Conference/
Diversity_Conference_2017

[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia Diversity Conference
2017/Ambassadors

Kind regards,

John

- - - -

John Andersson

Executive Director

Wikimedia Sverige

Phone: +46(0)73-3965189 <073-396%2051%2089>

Email: john.anders...@wikimedia.se

Skype: johnandersson86

Visiting address: Hantverkargatan 21 2tr, 112 21 Stockholm