Meeting Minutes-24 August 2017

Attendees:

Shannon Eichelberger (SE)

Eugene Eichelberger (EE)

Rebecca O’Neill (RO)

Sharon Flynn (SF)

User Group

   -

   Meeting with WMF-RO and SE met with WMF to discuss this issue with the
   PRSI payment and give a progress report on our activities. WMF was pleased
   with our progress so far. They advised that our mid-term report is due on
   30 September.
   -

   Project Coordinator Update (RO)
   -

      DCU-Wikidata meeting-RO met with the creator of the article
      placeholder tool about incorporating it into Vicipéid. RO is
going to start
      a conversation on the Vicipéid Village Pump.
      -

      Science Gallery meeting-they are enthusiastic about the WIki Science
      contest. We asked for support for a launch/awards ceremonies,
promotion of
      the contest and prizes. We might be able to get it included in
the Science
      Week promotions/events (mid-November).
      -

      NLI workshop confirmed for 2 October from 10-1. 12 participants are
      already confirmed.
      -

      The printing has been delivered.
      -

      So far 2 people are signed up for the TOG workshop on 30 August.

Workshops

Upcoming Workshops

   -

   TOG Workshop-30 August 7-9 pm
   -

   DRI Workshops-5 September, 17 October, 16 November
   -

   UCD Workshops-11 October and 22 November
   -

   NLI-2 October-training for librarians in Creative Commons Licensing

Possible Future Events

   -

   Wiki Science-November
   -

   Vicipéid Workshop-Galway-October

Conferences

   -

   No news

WLM

   -

   Launch 26 August from 11-4, set up at 8.
   -

   A meeting is schedule with the international committee about the Upload
   Wizard.
   -

   EE is working to get the website redirect up and running.
   -

   RO will send out a press release Friday morning.

--Shannon
Wikimedia Community Ireland
Chair - Shannon Eichelberger
Project Coordinator - Rebecca O'Neill

Online: Wikimedia Community Ireland <http://wikimedia.ie>
On Twitter: @WikimediaIE <https://twitter.com/WikimediaIE>
On Facebook: Wikimedia Ireland <https://www.facebook.com/WikimediaIreland>
On Instagram: wikimediaie <https://www.instagram.com/wikimediaie/>
On Meetup: Wikimedia Community Ireland Meetup
<https://www.meetup.com/Wikimedia-Community-Ireland-Meetup/>