Dear Gerard,

I tried the beta and the advanced editing bar. It's definitely a better
experience and is a step in the right direction. Keeping this minimal and
optionally expandable interface, if you can add the more commonly used options
of the wikEd plugin, this would become most useful.

I appreciate the immediate response from Veeven giving the code to include
Telugu script. I'll see if I can get the Tamil script also similarly. While we
are at it, it would be further useful to consider a javascript input method
editor for Tamil as well. As one types the phonetic spelling or any other
scheme, we should replace it with the corresponding unicode. There's a sample
implementation at
http://ta.wikipedia.org/wiki/பயனர்:Santhoshguru/தமிழில்_எழுத_உதவும்_செயலி If
there's support, we can get any remnant issues in that fixed and add it to the
betawiki.

Regards,
Sundar