Hi everyone,
as you all may know Wikimedia is in the midst of its strategic planning
process (see http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
<http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page>  for more information).
As part of this process, I have been developing a fact base on South
Asian languages and their Wikipedias. The purpose of this fact base is
to help the Wikimedia community understand the importance of South Asian
languages as they develop strategies to expand the reach of Wikimedia
worldwide, as well as to discuss the specific barriers to growth of
South Asian language projects. If any of you are also editors of the
South Asian language Wikipedias, I would really appreciate it if you
took some time to look at what I've put together and make any changes or
additions that you thought were appropriate. It would be especially
great if anyone had some thoughts or ideas to add to the section on
barriers to growth of South Asian language Wikipedias. I want to make
sure that we have the most accurate information possible to inform the
strategic plan as it is developed. This is the link
http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reach/Regional_Analysis
<http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reach/Regional_Analysis>  Thanks!!!
Sarah

___________________NOTICE____________________________
This electronic mail transmission, including any attachments, contains
confidential information of Bain & Company, Inc. ("Bain") and/or its clients.
It is intended only for the person(s) named, and the information in such e-mail
shall only be used by the person(s) named for the purpose intended and for no
other purpose.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure by any other
persons, or by the person(s) named but for purposes other than the intended
purpose, is strictly prohibited.  If you received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then destroy this e-mail.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate
to the official business of Bain shall be understood to be neither given nor
endorsed by Bain.  When addressed to Bain clients, any information contained in
this e-mail shall be subject to the terms and conditions in the applicable
client contract.