2010/2/5 Ganesh Krishnamurthy <ganeshkmur...@gmail.com>:
> We have to make it easier for participants to upload the photos and
> release them under CC. Commons upload tool is too complicated for a
> novice. Flickr copyrights photos by default. People forget to set the
> copyright to CC or tag them correctly.
>
> My suggestion would be to setup a Facebook fan page and allow user
> uploads. We can add a text on the page mentioning all uploads will be
> automatically treated as CC. This is similar to text that appears
> below Wikipedia edit box.

I agree. We're working on making Commons easier to use, but it
probably won't be ready for your project.

As an alternative to Flickr or Facebook, you might also want to get in
touch with Ryan Kaldari and see if his photo tool can be used for this
purpose. Ryan developed a photo submission tool specifically for photo
scavenger hunts:
http://toolserver.org/~kaldari/contests/

I don't know if it's sufficiently complete yet. His user page:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Kaldari
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation