<snip>

Do you - or someone else - have any plans to add these at some point in
time?
</snip>

I have added my views about the Indian Wikipedias statistics (2010 January)
in my blog. The link to the blog post is
http://shijualex.blogspot.com/2010/02/indian-language-wikipedias-statistics.html

Please feel free to add your suggestions/analysis as comment to the post. I
encourage publishing your views/comment as separate blog post also. We can
also discuss about the same in the mailing list.

I hope analyzing the statistics will benefit all the Indian language wikis.
I would like to emphasis one point regarding the localization of MediaWiki
messages.

*Localization of the Wiki software is very important when we are trying to
reach to prospective Wikipedians in any language*. A website with the
interface and all system messages in your local language has edge over a
website with English only content among your language community.

GerardM <http://translatewiki.net/wiki/User:GerardM>  has been enlightening
us regarding this many times. He has also send mails regarding this to the *
wikimediaindia* mailing list a couple of times. I request the respective
community to give top priority to localize the Mediawiki messages to your
language.

Thank you

Shiju Alex