Hi,

Recently we came to know that a fraud guy has been claiming himself to be the
"head" of Tamil Wiki and a director for yet-to-be-formed Indian Wikimedia
chapter. He has been doing this at many places including Govt circles. This was
a shock for us. I would like to warn a similar possibility for all other Indian
Wikis.

I recommend that each Wiki start a mechanism to officially elect few official
Spokespersons / contact persons and spread the word about this selection. The
appointment can be cycled every few months to share responsibility with more
members. These need not be just the sysops / bureaucrats. They can be anyone
trust worthy, long serving the community, having fair idea of Wiki organization
and easy to cooperate and communicate with.

Ravi.

http://ravidreams.com/