From: Praveen Prakash <me.prav...@gmail.com>
To: wikimediaindia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Sent: Thu, March 11, 2010 3:24:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia India Chapter

I am very happy and proud to hear that we got a wikimedia indic chapter.

But I wonder why all these activities taken so hidden? We are a community (or a community of communities), we've an active mailing list, but I didn't hear anything about such an active effort (may be i missed). Is there any separate communication medium? Or is this a special chapter for wikimedia English projects?

I recently learned someone as wikimedia indic chapter director from linkedin (http://in.linkedin.com/in/kiruba). He is also being CEO, Founder, Co-Founder, Director of many other initiatives (Actually I don't have any problem about that).  I am thinking about that election process and members. I am sorry but frankly I don't know any of other guys also. If possible introduce them, and their home wiki. I wish, an informed community about any further steps.

If someone can clarify my thoughts originated from poor knowledge, I'll be more happy.

PraveenP

Hari Prasad Nadig wrote:
Dear all,

As Srikanth has already noticed in an earlier e-mail, the draft
Memoranda of Association for the proposed Wikimedia India Chapter has
been put up on Meta here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/MoA

Even as the team working on the current draft has spent the better
part of a year working on it, I am sure that there would be scope for
improvement. Please provide your invaluable comments and suggestions
on the relevant talk page:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_India/MoA.

However, given the time we have spent on the document, it is important
that we proceed quickly and hence, I suggest that the comments be made
on or before this Saturday, the 13th of March 2010. Let us maintain
the Wiki-etiquette expected out of us during the discussion.

People curious about the earlier and the current efforts at forming
the India chapter may find my blog post on it,
http://hpnadig.net/blog/2010/03/08/wikimedia-india/563 a complimenting
read. More on Wikimedia India chapter can be seen on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India.

Let us look forward to a great response in discussing and debating the
MoA of the proposed Wikimedia India chapter.
--
Hari Prasad Nadig
http://hpnadig.net | http://twitter.com/hpnadig

Wikipedia Affiliate Button