Hoi,
I have been so bold to write about getting information out about the
villages, towns and cities of India. There are several problems that I see:

   - there are many villages, towns and cities in India
   - there are many Wikipedias that should be interested in all these places
   - the integration of OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia needs to get an initial
   product out

In my blog I have written that in order to achieve the third objective we
need a project manager. In order to achieve the first two, you need to make
this one of your objectives.. It is with the localisation of the Indian
languages a perfect objective for the Indian chapter..

I know that it is not my place, but hey, may I dream of something that will
be worthwhile ?
Thanks,
     GerardM

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2010/03/integration-of-openstreetmap-and.html