> Could the count be explained? May be because of good participation in talk
> pages, collaborative articles, regular copy edits

Let me try to answer your query, eventhough we stopped projecting the depth
parameter. Now we are concentrating more on parameters like *edits/article*,
*bytes per article*, *number of active users*, and so on.

   - As you have mentioned above, depth shows the overall collaboration.
   Edits in articles, talkpages, portal pages, templates, images, and so on
   helped in increasing the article count.
   - We are away from increasing the article count by creating one-liners.
   Remove all junk one-liners and big articles with english only content from
   your wiki. Depth will surely increase.
   - Also the number edits are directly proportional to the number of active
   and dedicated users. We have at least *40 users* with number of edita
   more than 1000.

http://toolserver.org/~junaid/tools/editcount.php?wproject=wiki&wlan=ml&show=users&max=50&offset=0Atleast
10 of them have number of edits more than 10,000.

All these have contributed depth of the wiki.

 We are not allowing anyone to  create one-liners just for the sake of
increasing the article count. At least fundmental information is required in
each and every article that is created in Malayalam Wikipedia. Because of
that *our readers will not run to English wikipedia* to get the fundamental
information about a topic.

We are trying to attract readers to wiki. The CD project/book
project/wikiacademies/wiki meetups are all part of the public outreach
programs. We have many users *who only reads ml wikipedia*. *After all if no
one reads what we write, all our efforts are in vain.*

We give top  priority to the usability part of the wiki. Because of that,
you can see many things in Malayalam Wikipedia *that are not available in
any other language wikipedia*. An example is *pretty url *itself.

We are trying to reach the other language wikipedians to get to know about
their best practices. We feel no shy in copying their best practices.

There are more things. I will write about that some time later.

As in Tamil Wikipedia, *we also have problem in getting local Wikipedians to
edit the wiki*. I will write about that later.

Shiju