Dear all,

Pranesh Prakash from CIS is coordinating a comprehensive response to the
latest set of amendments proposed to the Indian Copyright Act in
conjunction with Nirmita Narasimhan, Lawrence Liang and I. This will be
a shorter and revised update to the last submission to government which
was made by ALF, which went out some years ago when amendments were
first proposed:

http://www.altlawforum.org/intellectual-property/advocacy/proposed-amendment-to-the-copyright-act-1957

The draft will be ready later today and organisational sign-ons are
welcome; the focus of our analysis will be on access to knowledge and
strengthening the public domain. If any of you belong to organisations
which are interested in these effects of copyright law, please sign on
by sending an email authorising the use of the name of your organisation
in this effort to pranesh at cis-india dot org copied to sunil at
cis-india dot org either today or tomorrow - and, of course, also ask to
see the draft if you are interested. Once CIS submits the comments by
May 30, they will, of course, be made public.

Cheers,
Achal