Hello Everyone

say, First It's an interesting prospect but I do want to point out that its
only a prototype developed in response to OLPC, so they've been working on
this for more than a couple of years. Press releases like these have taken
place a few times in the capital in the last few years, with other private
companies claiming to manufacture the cheapest laptop and desktop, most of
them never see the light of the day beyond a press release and some
publicity. In light that its a government project, there is a good chance
that this device also might not go into production in the near future.

Eventual price target of $10 or even the current $35 projection for that
matter just doesn't seem realistic to me, maybe some IT experts from
Bangalore might comment more on this.

As for the political connections, I might be able to arrange something with
Mr. Kapil Sibal, but please bear in mind that there might be a big
scheduling issue with the Commonwealth Games that are going to be organized
in the capital at the start of October, as the minister of Human Resource
Development and an important member of the Government he might be real busy
in the run up to the games, the Delhi government has made the games its top
priority for the past 5-6 years. Not to mention that its also going to be
pretty hectic for the rest of the city in the run up to the games as well.

Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do.

Salmaan Haroon