The efforts behind the Malayalam offline Wikipedia CD is really appreciable.
It required a hardwork of 20+ Wikipedians for more than 2-3 months to make
it a success. They also faced several technical / software hurdles which
they successfully overcame later. Atleast 2 other Indian languages are now
re-using this software to make their Wikipedia CDs..

But unfortunately media in Kerala state created a silly controversy about it
and thereby undermining the efforts of these self-less people. Glad to know
that atleast the rest of the world recognizes the true value of their
efforts.

Regards
Tinu Cherian