Silly controversies , I would say.
Some of the newspapers reported criticisms on the inclusion of "Lavalin
Scandel <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNC_Lavalin_scandal>" ( some said , it
was an attempt of the current governement to justify their stand on the
case) and Mata Hari <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mata_Hari> ( which they
saw "unfit" for a school student reader).  Some critised why articles of
Adoor Gopalakrishnan ( veteran Malayali film director) and Satyan (
Malayali film actor ) etc are not included while some others were included
...Hence the focus was shifted to these controversies than the huge
achievement of these people in bringing out something for a good social
cause.

But I also believe we good some traction on publicity in Kerala for
Wikipedia due to this... Perhaps why 150+ people attended the next Wiki
Academy @ Palakkad. Negative or positive, it creates some buzz... Last time
when we got negative publicity due to a reseach "finding" that on "Wikipedia
losing interest" , we used the timing to get more articles /buzz on
WIkipedia on Indian media.

Eg:
http://epaper.dnaindia.com/dnabangalore/epaperpdf/26112009/25bangalore%20main%20edition-pg7-0.pdf

Regards