I have just created a page with points to be covered.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/Wikimedia101

 <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/Wikimedia101>Feel free to
edit. I suggest we do not exceed more than 2 lines for any thing. If so we
need to break into a new question. I think the page would be better if its
in FAQ mode than typical page structure. I would work on it over the
weekend, probably we could also try some collaborative editing at wikimeet
ups, considering these are things that get discussed often (atleast in
bangalore).

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 21:54, Achal Prabhala <aprabh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree that the press coverage is (and always tends to be) a bit
> whacked when it comes to Wikipedia, Wikimedia and India. And it doesn't
> help that the explanation is pretty clear but complicated. In a few
> months, we will have the Wikimedia Foundation India office, the
> Wikimedia India chapter, and of course - as always - the Wikimedia
> community in India, not to mention various sub-community groupings. I
> can only see more confusion unfortunately.
>
> Perhaps you can set up something on India-meta? An explanation such as
> the one just offered (who does what) + something about the difference
> between Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects would be very useful for
> the press, if kept simple. Then we could point them to this page every
> time there's interest - or print it out and distribute it for subsequent
> press interactions as well. I'll help, and others will too - I'm sure -
> if you get it going.

Srikanth.L
Google Profile <http://j.mp/SrikanthL>