> May be "WIKI-thon"  or "wiki-mashup" or "wiki-sprint" (typical FOSS
> community event styles) could be a more acceptable name.
> The idea is really good but we need to do some basework.

 From a branding perspective, using "thon" would probably work well and
add some consistency to other Wikimedia event. For many years there have
been all-day coding events that are called "hackathons" but a couple
years back we decided to try "codeathon" (because some people out there
still thinking that "hacking" means you are doing something malicious).
Therefore something like Wiki-thon, edit-thon, etc., could work well and
is a term that could be picked up by other Wikimedia groups worldwide
when they host or inspire similar events/initiatives.

--Kul