On Tuesday 26 October 2010 10:09 PM, BalaSundaraRaman wrote:
> I'm able to read Tamil text on Opera Mini browser on my Nokia N72 (with some
> difficulty).
>> From: Shiju Alex<shijualexonl...@gmail.com>
>>
>> Rendering of Malayalam script is very bad. Same might be the case with most
>> of
>> the other Indian scripts. (Devanagari might have reasonable support) So this
>> site is of not much use to Malayalam as of now, even though we are regularly
>> updating it.

Atleast for some phones its not. I've a Nokia 2700 classic phone, and
its Malayalam Rendering is good. With complex text rendered Opera mini,
reading Malayalam websites are also not a problem. I remember once
Jyothis confirmed that IOS 4 rendering for Malayalam is also good.

I bought my Nokia 2700 phone from Kerala. I think its OS is patched for
south Indian languages' better display (It has built in support for
Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi and English). Only problem with
that phone I found is - it has no unicode 5.1 support.

It is possible to type in Malayalam from that phone, but from my
perspective it is not easy to type Malayalam from that mobile even with
its good Malayalam prediction database.