Hoi Mani,
I am now subscribed on a gentlemen on twitter that expressed really
interesting and imho relevant observations about telephony and web sites in
India.

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2010/10/about-foss-and-telephony-in-india.html

The remarks are quite strong and are not limited to India. I would love to
know a WMF reaction on this.
Thanks,
       GerardM