Hoi,
When you follow the instructions on the main page of translatewiki.net, you
fulfil the requirements of getting translator rights at translatewiki.net.
As an administrator at twn, I am quite keen to see proper localisation of
Indic languages and particularly Hindi. If you have problems, we have a
Support page where you can bring your issues.

As a member of the language committee, I can inform you that there are at
this stage 164 messages of core MediaWiki that need localisation and 871
messages of the main messages. For Wikisource there are additional
requirements that is, the extensions for Wikisource need to be localised as
well.

If you have any questions or need any help, you can contact me. You can also
contact me when the localisation is done in order to expedite the process of
realising a new Wiki.
Thanks,
        GerardM

http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Special:LanguageStats/hi