Hi,

Thanks a lot for the update.

I think the updated  process is similar with Open source community
philosophy when Commercial companies (like IBM, Sun etc) contribute source
code.   Tamil Wiki has that kind of  rigor in quality checking and is able
to do a good job. Other Wikipedias  may not be in a position to engage in a
similar way, due to policies and/or  level of active wikipedians. One more
comment below.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Ravishankar <ravidre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some updates on the Google translation project in Tamil Wikipedia.
> --snip
>
> We did a quality review of these articles and found that only around 50% of
> them has an acceptable minimum quality regarding translation ( We just rated
> the style of the language and accuracy in translation. We did not do a full
> review on the merit of the article).
> --snip--

Can you elaborate more on the style?  How did you measure the accuracy of
translation? It may be desirable to adopt the English articles for the
target wikipedia, than verbatim translation.
How much effort was spent to arrive at the above conclusions?  # of
articles, # of reviewers, time frame etc would help.

Thanks
Arjun