On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:20 AM, CherianTinu Abraham
<tinucher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No worries Erik, Indian media is known for misquoting :)

Please let's not generalize the problem of mis quoting and then
specifically use it as a pejorative within the context of the Indian
media. Anyone who reads through various news sources realizes that
perspectives and points of view differs within media houses and,
putting a spin on things is global.

> Last time a journo asked me on what are the chances of foundation office in
> Bangalore. I said Bangalore has ( probably) a fair chance , considering the
> presence of a vibrant Wiki-community & chapter office here.  The next day's
> headline was "Bangalore set to have Wikimedia office " :)

That headline might have actually ended up getting readers to read the
news article and help in publicizing in some way.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>