Pradeep,

Determining the first Indian Wikipedian is quite a tricky exercise. Not
aware of any easy way to do that. Guess it would be one of the admins who
setup a wikipedia in an Indian Language. Or it could be someone who actively
contributed to Indian content on the English Wikipedia (this is most likely
the case).

No easy answers really. Please let the list know if you find the answers you
are looking for.

Any of the early contributors have any pointers here?

regards
Arun