> Unicode's decision to bring the second encoding in

> standard was widely  debated  and opposed mainly by FOSS developer
> community from Malayalam.  Unicode announced the dual encoding scheme
> without canonical equivalence  definition in 2005 and reverted it when
> scholars and developers opposed  it.

Sadly, you're not alone in this, Santhosh.
We have had canonical non-equivalence issues and many more (similar to the
atomic chillu issue) in Tamil too. :(
Part of it was inherited from the umbrellaish ISCII model (done with good
intentions, I believe).
They put the abugidas of the Indo-Aryan languages and other systems like Tamil
(haven't studied other writing systems enough to comment upon) into one bucket
and we're still suffering for that. They cite stability when legitimate changes
are sought, but allow such breaking changes.

I'm sure you'll be working with the search engines to map the equivalent glyph
sequences. Also, please explore mediawiki tech solutions to add redirects or
hidden texts (though not ideal).

- Sundar

the
expression of thought, is a truth generally admitted."