hi,

2011 is the International Year of Forests as well. The idea is "to raise
awareness on sustainable management, conservation and sustainable
development of all types of forests". I guess the first step is to add
information about forests.

On Wikipedia, the entry on "forest" is part of a Wikiproject Ecology and
Wikiproject Plants and both have rated it as a class B. Perhaps we should
move towards improving this and articles on forests in India.

In January, I am hoping to improve the article on the Indian Forest
Service: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Forest_Service, the Indian
agency created in 1966 for the protection, conservation and regeneration of
forests.

Help is appreciated and welcome!

Pradeep

PS: I prefer editing these to editing articles on chemistry for
International Year of Chemistry - but I hope to do 1 chemical a month.