Hi all,

There's a new gift from Pulkit Gupta for Wikipedia's tenth birthday. A few days
back, he got in touch with me through a common friend.
As a regular reader of technical articles in English Wikipedia, Pulkit saw the
big shortage in the coverage of academicians in India.
He wanted to fix it and had ideas for collecting data about professors to
create
articles. I pointed him to the relevant policy pages on notability etc., and
helped him create a Wikiproject
at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_MiniBiography_of_Indian_Professors.
 He has done a lot more groundwork forming a team of volunteers and enlisting
the support of his professor at IIT-B to objectively frame notability
guidelines.

Let us welcome Pulkit and please support the WikiProject and help them reach
100% coverage in the coming year.

Cheers,
Sundar