Hello, I'm the operator of that bot. So, I've something to say on this
concerns. That bot only made redirects. Bengali needs third party keyboard
support to write, also there are keyboard variations. So, in many cases most
of our readers can't write in Bengali while they can see. So, to help our
readers, we decided to make redirects in English titles to the existing
Bengali articles. In an article, the bot looked to the enwiki interwiki link
and made a page on Bengali Wikipedia of that title and redirected that page
to the existing Bengali article. But I know, it supposed to be around 22,000
redirects if I ran the bot like this. But there are questions. I hope you
all know, every articles have different titles to be searched (case
sensitivity, also other names, misspelled names..). For example,
Rabindranath Tagore can be searched as "Rabindranath Thakur", "Rabindra Nath
Tagore", "Rabindra Nath Thakur", "Rabithakur", "Robithakur".. as so on. It
will take a long time to be done by human. So once, my bot found the en
interwiki, it searched for the existing redirects of that enwiki articles
(since enwiki is far more advanced in this case), and made redirects of that
titles too. In this way readers can be guided to their desired articles
easily. Personally I think redirects are not evil. Even enwiki articles also
have millions of redirects.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Tanvir Rahman