Couldn't agree more. I think that there is/ has been a lot of needless
noise. It's not productive to cast insinuations against the chapter or
foundation (or community for that matter) as a whole.

I do think, however, that communication from the chapter regarding the
last set of meetings (and changes then on) have not been communicated
very well. If, for instance, some of the basic questions were to be
addressed, I suspect that there would be much less basis for this kind
of distracting and unhelpful noise. As far as I am concerned, I have
fairly simple question: I still don't know why one set of the India
chapter leadership (scroll down:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_India/MoA-ChapComVer) was
suddenly replaced by another (as detailed
here:http://wikimedia.in/wiki/Announcements/Communication_from_the_Executive_Committee_regarding_first_meeting_on_January_22,_2011).

Not being on the EC, I am aware that there might well have been good
reasons to reshuffle of the chapter leadership team; I would merely like
to know what these reasons were. And also how you decided to change the
structure, who stood for elections to various posts, etc. - as I would
expect from any Wikimedia community body.

Perhaps this is something that the chapter can consider in this
instance, and in the future.

As for Praveen's email, thanks for the explanations, Delphine, Anirudh,
others.

However, Anirudh, while the point about moderation/spam filters makes
sense, mailman does generate emails (on a daily/per instance basis) to
the admins of a list to check/approve messages caught in the filter. So
I would imagine that for a message to stay unanswered/unresolved for
three days indicates that the burden of administration on
WikimediaIndia-l deserves to be shared by more than two people from the
Wikimedia India chapter.

Specifically, and to follow up on the intent expressed in previous
messages (from Jyothis, Salman, Delphine and others), how can we help to
immediately create a process whereby two non-chapter community members
from India might be added as Admins to WikimediaIndia-l? Hari and
Anirudh, I would imagine that the instant you can facilitate this
process, there will be sufficient uptake from the community to fill
these two slots - many thanks in advance for considering this request
from us seriously.

Good wishes,
Achal